Welcome to PORTAFILTER
We strive to provide the most in-depth reviews and guides on coffee makers, espresso machines, coffee presses, and so much more.
You’re getting real reviews and expert guides straight from the pros.
Not sure how to get started? You can begin by reading our reviews of the best barista training, best coffee beans, coffee brewing methods, the history of coffee, coffee makers and, last but by no means least, our ultimate guide to portafilters!
Whether you are an enthusiastic home barista or someone looking to take their barista skills to a professional level we have the perfect barista course for you. We also include review of both online barista training as well as classes where you can attend in person (some of which are closed at the time of writing due to on-going Covid-19 restrictions).
Barista Training Resources:
- Barista Training NYC: Which Course Should You Take?
- Barista Training San Francisco – 5 Courses to take in 2021
- Barista Training Houston: 5 Courses That Are All The Hype
- Barista Training Chicago – 5 Best Barista Courses in 2021
- Barista Training San Diego – 3 Best Courses in 2021
- Barista Training Bay Area – 5 Best Courses of 2021
- 8 Barista Online Training Courses You NEED to Check Out
- Barista Training Portland: The 5 Best Courses
- Barista Training Florida: Top 4 Courses in 2021
- Barista Training Seattle: 5 Best Courses Near You
- Barista Training NJ: You Should Try These 4 Courses
- Barista Training Los Angeles – 5 Best LA Courses for 2021!
Choosing The Best Coffee Beans
Choosing the best coffee beans can be confusing with so many choices available to buy today. Don’t worry we have prepared a series of articles about coffee beans, coffee capsules and pods, plus information on different varieties of beans based on geographical location.
Best Coffee Beans Resources:
- Lifeboost Coffee 2021: Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- What Are The Best Espresso Beans of 2021: Find Out Here!
- Gourmesso Reviews: Which One’s Right For You?
- Gourmesso vs Nespresso: The 6 Best Nespresso Compatible Pods
- Nespresso Vertuoline Pods | Our Top 5 Picks for 2021!
- What is Ethiopian Coffee? Ethiopia Coffee Beans & History
- How To Grow A Coffee Plant At Home [in 4 Easy Steps]
- What is Geisha Coffee?
- What is the Best Flavored Coffee? [Top 5 Picks for 2021]
- Arabica vs Robusta Coffee: Which is Better?
- Best Coffees For French Press (in 2021)
Coffee Brewing Methods
If you want to up your coffee game then we seriously recommend reading our Coffee Brewing Methods Guide. Additionally, you can click on some of the posts below to find out some specific information about different ways to brew coffee and pick up some neat tips and tricks along the way!
Coffee Brewing Methods Resources:
- 8 Best Espresso Distributor Tools for Home Baristas
- How To Make A Frappe (in 2 super simple steps!)
- What Is A Macchiato?
- Best Coffee Creamer for Weight Loss [3 Things You NEED to Know!]
- The 5 Best Powdered Creamers for Coffee: Honest Reviews and Buying Guide
- Can you make Hot Chocolate with an Espresso Machine?
- How to Make Espresso Without Espresso Machine?
- What is Espresso Coffee?
History of Coffee
The History of Coffee is a fascinating story which dates back thousands of years. Not only have we prepared in-depth guides to coffee history, there also lots of cool and interesting coffee facts that you can discover at your leisure by reading through the articles below. So, grab yourself a coffee, sit back and enjoy learning more about the wonderful world of coffee.
Coffee History Resources:
- What’s the Difference Between a Frappuccino and a Latte?
- What’s the difference between a Frappuccino and Cappuccino?
- How to Remove Old Coffee Stains from Clothing in 7 Easy Steps!
- Red Bull vs Coffee | 4 Reasons Why Coffee is Better For You
- Podcast 56 – Black Gold The Movie
- The Decade’s Top Ten in Specialty Coffee
- What’s the Difference Between a Coffee Latte and a Cappuccino?
- How Much Caffeine is in a Cup of Coffee?
- What is a Frappe? Does it stand for frappuccino? Is it a milkshake?
- What is the Difference Between a Frappe and a Frappuccino?
The Best Coffee Makers
Choosing the best coffee maker is probably one of the biggest decisions you will make on your journey to becoming a better home barista. With so many different coffee machines on the market, and such a range of brewing methods it can be very confusing to decide which coffee maker is best for your needs and budget.
Don’t worry, we have done the hard work for you by providing a series of in-depth, honest reviews of the best coffee makers available to purchase today. If you’re not sure where to begin, we recommend starting here to give you an overview of the coffee maker options then you can check out our more detailed reviews below.
Coffee Maker Resources:
- Top 6 Italian Coffee Makers for Caffeine Enthusiasts: Moka Pots and More
- Is Lelit Bianca Any Good? Coffee Equipment Reviewed
- Breville BES870xl Barista Express Review 2021
- Keurig Mini vs Mini Plus – Features, Pros, Cons, Pricing And More
- Breville 800ESXL Review and Buying Guide (updated for 2021)
- Best Italian Espresso Machine of 2021 – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews
- Can you put milk in a coffee maker?
- What Espresso Machine Does Starbucks Use? (The Thermoplan Mastrena)
- Nespresso Vertuoline VS Evoluo [5 Important Differences]
- The Best Drip Coffee Makers for 2021
- 5 Best Grind And Brew Coffee Makers of 2021
- Top 5 Best Four Cup Coffee Makers Reviewed – Ultimate Buyers Guide
- 5 Best Automatic Pour Over Coffee Makers of 2021
- Best Super Automatic Espresso Machines in 2021
- 5 Best Latte Machines 2021
- Best Single Serve Coffee Maker [for 2021]
- Top 5 Best Espresso Machines for Home Use 
- Ninja Coffee Maker Review | Tested by Experts!
- Smeg Coffee Maker Review: Are Smeg Coffee Machines Good?
Last, but by no means least, on our list is a series of detailed Portafilter guides, sizing charts, cleaning and maintenance tips. In case you haven’t heard of them before, or would like to learn more, we definitely recommend reading up on bottomless portafilters because they can transform your barista skills!
- Breville 54mm Portafilter
- La Marzocco Bottomless Portafilter (2021)
- La Marzocco Portafilter Review 2021
- Gaggia Portafilter – Bottomless (Naked) Portafilter
- What Is a Pressurized Portafilter?
- What Is a Bottomless Portafilter?
- Portafilter Size Chart [And BONUS Tamper Sizing Guide!]
- Portafilter Basket Types Explained – The Complete Guide
- How to Measure Portafilter Size
- How to Clean Portafilter Between Shots
- Bottomless Portafilter vs. Regular: Which Is Better and Why?
Portafilter was founded in 2005. Our mission is to improve your home barista skills and knowledge by providing in-depth coffee making guides, history and facts about coffee, coffee product reviews, and more.
You can find out more about our team of coffee professionals and enthusiasts by clicking here.